Piping Drafter - Process Technology
The Piping Drafter applies standard drafting techniques to generate and interpret drawings in support of assigned projects. The Piping Drafter may coach and develop less experienced drafters.
- Generates CAD drawings (orthographics, plans & sections, and isometrics) to support Designers.
- Assembles and maintains project files (e.g., flat files, reference/stick files, CAD drawings) as directed by the Project Lead.
- Interacts with other departments and/or suppliers to obtain pertinent information.
- Interacts with Discipline Lead to complete project scope.
- Runs and stamps prints and other Project Document deliverables and prepares documentation packages for issue.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 2+ years relevant design experience in refining or chemical process design
- Working knowledge of standard drafting techniques
- Working knowledge of basic computer functions required to perform 2-D CAD, 3-D CAD, AutoPlant, and BIM/Revit design
- High School degree
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
The characteristics described below are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing duties of this job, the employee will:
- frequently be required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs and ladders, balance, stoop or kneel, talk and hear, and use fingers and hands to feel objects, tools or controls;
- occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds;
- frequently use up-close vision, distance vision, depth perceptions, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Overtime may be necessary as workload’s dictate. This may include weekdays, weekends and/or holidays.
- The job may be performed at the Client’s production facility or industrial/construction job site and could last for extended periods of time.
- In some cases, the site working environment may include outside conditions and exposure to high temperatures.
- May require extended overnight travel to another client location/facility or the home office.
- Conditions will vary at each location, but the conditions listed above will generally apply.
- When working outside Middough’s office, appropriate safety training and safety equipment will be provided by Middough and/or Client, as required.
To apply for this position click here, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include position title and response code: TOL-400 in your message