Sr. Instrumentation & Controls Engineer - Process Technology
The Sr. Instrumentation & Controls (I&C) Engineer collects and prepares data/information and performs detailed engineering calculations. The Sr. I&C Engineer performs basic engineering design for review and approval by senior department personnel. The Sr. I&C Engineer demonstrates technical/professional growth annually by maintaining active membership in professional organizations and participating in technical seminars/courses.
- Collects and prepares data/information and performs detailed engineering calculations.
- Assists in field work, checking installations, and problem solving activities.
- Serves as Project Lead for select single-discipline projects by estimating work hours, developing scope of work, making staffing recommendations, and checking drawings.
- Interacts with other departments and suppliers to obtain pertinent information.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Engineering Technology degree or Bachelor of Science degree in an Engineering discipline required
- EIT certification
- 5+ years design experience of petroleum refineries and chemical plant projects
- Experience with specifying field instrumentation
- Experience specifying DCS/PLC hardware and wiring design is required
- Working knowledge of P&ID’s, PFD’s, loop diagrams, installation details, and NEC/ISA standards
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD
The characteristics described below are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing duties of this job, the employee will:
- frequently be required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb stairs and ladders, balance, stoop or kneel, talk and hear, and use fingers and hands to feel objects, tools or controls;
- occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds;
- frequently use up-close vision, distance vision, depth perceptions, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Overtime may be necessary as workload’s dictate. This may include weekdays, weekends and/or holidays.
- The job will generally be performed at the Client’s production facility or industrial/construction job site and could last for extended periods of time.
- May require occasional overnight travel to another client location/facility or the home office.
- Conditions will vary at each location, but the conditions listed above will generally apply.
- When working outside Middough’s office, appropriate safety training and safety equipment will be provided by Middough and/or Client, as required.
To apply for this position click here, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include position title and response code: TOL-650 in your message